solidThinking Embed (formerly known as VisSim Embedded) is a visual environment for model based development of embedded systems. Its highly efficient diagram-to-code capability shortens the development time and increases product quality.
With solidThinking Embed, you can quickly develop virtual prototypes of any dynamic system. Models are built by simply sliding blocks into the work area and wiring them together with the mouse.
Embed automatically converts the control diagrams into C-code ready to be downloaded to the target hardware. The generated C-code is recognized for its efficiency with respect to memory requirements and runtime.
solidThinking Embed represents a new era of VisSim for efficient model-based embedded development including new packaging aimed at providing more functionality with simplified configuration and installation.
Similar to previous versions, there are two main products:
- solidThinking Embed SE (Simulation Edition) replacing Professional VisSim
- solidThinking Embed replacing VisSim Embedded (Includes Embed SE)
The number of add-ons have been reduced to two:
- solidThinking Embed.Digital Power Designer
- solidThinking Embed/Comm
Many more capabilities are now available within the main products:
- Frequency Domain Analysis and Linearization
- Generalized reduced gradient method of parameter optimization
- Electric motor and controller block set (floating point)
- UML 2 state transition diagram editor to simulate event-driven systems
- Real-time data monitoring with CAN, OPC, real-time data acquisition boards, serial & UDP
- Support for solidThinking Compose Open Matrix Language
- Enhanced support for Texas Instruments TI F28377D
- Faster & more efficient code generation